The cost of your treatment will vary, depending on your individual needs and treatment plan. We will discuss the cost of your treatment and each of your available payment options with you before you begin, so you can make the best choice for yourself.
Insurance and Sliding Scale Discounts
We accept all state public programs and most commercial insurance that have open networks.
For uninsured patients, we offer a sliding scale based on income level and family size. You will need to submit income verification, usually through paycheck stubs and last year’s income tax filing. Patients who are at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines may qualify for nominal fees for certain procedures. Applications for the Sliding Scale Program are available at the receptionist desk.
If you have any questions about insurance or sliding scale eligibility, our Financial Coordinator will be happy to help you.
We collect payment for services on the day you receive them, including any deductibles and co-pays. We estimate these to the best of our ability; if there is a balance after your insurance has paid its part, then we will bill or refund you the difference. Outstanding balances need to be paid in full before we can continue with treatment. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, and all credit/debit cards.
We accept Care Credit, an outside health care payment plan that offers no-interest loans for up to a year. You may use your card obtained in another medical or dental office, or ask the Financial Coordinator here to help you apply.
Community Dental Care does not restrict access to service because of a patient’s financial limitations or public assistance status.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS
This dental clinic serves all patients, regardless of ability to pay. Discounts for essential services are offered based on family size and income. You may apply for a discount in person with the Financial Coordinator.
AVISO PARA PACIENTES
Esta clinica dental ofrecen servicios de atencion medica primaria y preventiva, sin considerar la capacidad de los pacientes para pagar. Los cargos generados por sericios de salud son calculados de acuerdo al nivel de ingreso del paciente. Pacietes pueden aplicar para servicios medicos con la coordinadar financiera. Gracias.
Our practice accepts most major credit cards and insurance plans.
Our office staff is always available to help you with insurance claims and paperwork. We’ll work with your insurance provider to make sure your coverage meets your needs and your budget.
You can always call the customer service number on the back of your insurance cards to see if we are in network as well. Additionally we accept state programs.
Please let us know if you have any questions about your insurance coverage.
Sliding Fee Scale Policy
- The Sliding Fee Scale is a discount program for self-pay patients at Community Dental Care based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines for family income and size. By following established income guidelines, patients will be treated in a fair and consistent manner
- Before a patient may apply for sliding scale, he/she must first apply for Medical Assistance. The patient will be refunded this fee if he/she is subsequently enrolled in one of the state’s public programs and the claim is paid retroactively by the state.
- If a patient’s Medical Assistance application is rejected, then the patient may fill out a Community Dental Care application for sliding scale. The patient must also supply, in any combination, the following documentation verifying identity and income. This includes:
- Pay stubs (most recent two periods) from everyone in household who works
- Federal tax returns for the prior year
- Alternate financial documentation (e.g. Social Security Explanation of Benefits, Unemployment Benefits, etc.) if the patient doesn’t receive a paycheck.
- A signed letter from the patient stating that he/she is without any form of household income and explaining how living expenses are met.
- Any change in family size or income as well as change in contact information must be reported to the Financial Coordinator. Income verification updates will occur annually on the date of application.
- For patients at or above 101% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, all fees follow the sliding scale and patients are expected to pay on the day of service, which is the standard clinic practice for patient charges and co-pays at Community Dental Care.
- Supplemental mini-grants for charity dentistry may be available for emergency patients and patients at less than 120% poverty level, depending on funding and at the clinic’s discretion.